Tuesday 10 March 2015

Editing: Getting one of my posters done

Before
After




















I created this on PicMonkey. Here is the development of my film poster from start to finish. As I play the villain in the film, then I decided to have a black background, and once I started editing the picture the first thing I done was change the brightness on the picture and make it darker, I feel this would reflect the dark side of my character. And then, to make the darkness of my character blend into the background of the picture I used the 'Darker Edges' effect to bring the edges in together an towards my  portrait, almost creating this sort of black fog around me that I blended into. After this, I noticed how yellow my face and hand looked which looked slightly out of place against such a dark background, therefore I added the 'Black and White' effect over top as well, but faded it out a bit so that my face was whiter and more of a normal, natural colour. Now, I just needed to add text over top as there was nothing I needed to crop out of the picture, I chose pretty simple fonts so that they would not take away too much of the attention from the main picture, and white was just a colour that would be clear to read and matched well with the overall look.

I have made this poster because from the answers I got from my survey for my ancillary products said that the most likely places that my target audience would see my film posters would be on bustops and billboards, well these are two completely different places and one poster would not fit on both, therefore I took this portrait picture to go on the bus stops, also I feel that having me in the teaser poster will create a sort of enigma as the audience do not see me in the teaser trailer much and therefore creates a mystery, which is a key convention for thrillers, thus making the audience want to go and watch the film in the cinema.

No comments:

Post a Comment