Wednesday 4 March 2015

Editing: Making my magazine follow the conventions of Empire Magazine

Making it more realistic
After looking at the Public Enemies edition of 'Empire' magazine, I realised that even though I had chosen a similar font to the 'Empire' font, and in the same iconic colour of red. However, I hadn't stretched the title across the entire front of the top of the magazine, I'd just left it to the left-hand side, therefore I changed that. And, in every single edition, whatever the main focus of the magazine is, so in my case the two brothers, they overlap the title of the magazine, and are brought to the front in front of everything, as they are the main attraction of the magazine, therefore I made the picture of Alex larger and over top of the magazine title slightly, also I erased his edges a bit more to make him look cleaner and neater.

Looking at other editions in closer detail, every edition has the 'Empire' website somewhere beneath or above the magazine title, therefore I added this in, I wanted it slightly more bolder than it would be allowed, however it would not allow me to do this because of the font type chosen, therefore I may try another. Also, I have started adding my articles in that will link to my film in some way, for example; the article I've started making above is going to feature the 'Top Thriller films for 2015' and this links to my genre of film.

No comments:

Post a Comment