Friday 30 January 2015

Production: Feedback from the focus group on my first rough cut


Unknown from Emily Smith on Vimeo.

Above, the video is my first rough cut that I showed to my media class today, to get feedback on the positive points about it so far, and also the negatives that I need to change, and what to do next and where to improve.

 
MAH00552 from Emily Smith on Vimeo.

In the feedback video the response was mainly positive, with comments such as the teaser trailer creates an enigma and makes the audience want to see more by paying to go to the cinema to view it. And, the shot of my dad flicking on the switch and the 'Flash' transition at the end of that make it flow into the next shot smoothly, and personally I think it makes it more obvious to the audience that a bit of time has passed between the flicking on the light shot and the next shot of the two brother's at the graveyard. However, there was some constructive criticism to help me with my next steps on improving my teaser trailer, which was to trim the end of the clip of me walking away in the background because one of the actors (Alex) looks towards the camera for a split mini-second, also once I've completed the editing and production of the teaser trailer then I could import it from Final Cut Pro to iMovie because iMovie have a stabiliser effect which will make any clips that wobble a little smoother. Also, the music was suggested to be more sting-based to create a build-up to the climax of the teaser trailer, and then possible have a drum beat in the quicker scenes to resemble a heart beat which will add to the suspension. Finally, add an extra layer of text on top of the 'Coming Soon' title to be able to have the production studios and logo and actor/director names in a smaller font at the bottom of that title. I will make these changes and add more to my teaser trailer next, before I show it to my focus group again.

No comments:

Post a Comment