Monday 26 January 2015

Production: Filming the teaser trailer

Before, I filmed the proper scenes with both of the brother's in their correct outfits, I chose to film some of the scenes roughly just to make sure that they would work or were possible to film, and also to make sure the angle worked well, instead of messing around trying to work that out on the actual day as I didn't want to waste people's time.

The scene above is where the brother's will be running away from the villain that is chasing them, I chose to film it from a tracking angle, and therefore I was running behind them, this is for it be from the villain's perspective which was fitting as I play the villain even though that is not given away in the teaser trailer to create some mystery.


Originally, I was always going to have this low angle of me getting out of the car, however when I made my first rough draft it seem slightly shoved in, therefore I cut it from being added. 

Update
After showing my first rough draft to my teacher and media class, we discussed how there was not enough narrative to the teaser trailer, and also how it felt more like an opening scene as the clips followed on from one another. Therefore, I have chosen to film some new scenes so that I have a jumble of different scenes from the film, and also more narrative to add enigma, I've done this by revealing some snippets of the secrets that they find out, for example baby pictures of someone that they do not know and also a scene of the two brothers holding a gun to the other to create new suspicions. I have now decided to add the above scene of me (the villain) getting out of the car, as it now fits in with the jumble of scenes. And, below is a new scene that I have filmed of the mother arguing with one of her sons, to again, raise new suspicions and add enigma.

No comments:

Post a Comment